Tuesday 1 August 2023

Gnashing of teeth

I'm off to the dentist today, to have a mould taken.  

The dentist has been warning me about clenching my teeth, and I've worked hard to stop myself doing it when I am irritated (or when I am trying to bite my tongue).     She says I'm probably clenching my teeth at night,  and I suspect she's right.

Because of ther CPAP, I'm trying to be even more careful about my teeth.  I had a routine dental appointment last week, and I mentioned that I'd started on CPAP in April and I was getting some sensitivity.    She commented on the night time clenching,  and suggested that I get a guard made to prevent me clenching at night.

I agreed,  and when I got to the car I cried a bit.  It wasn't the guard per se, it was just yet another thing that I am going to have to wear at night.  I've felt a bit down about it ever siince.

I need to make myself stop feeling so fed up about it.

    The guard will help me!

    It will protect my teeth from damage. 

    At least it's not bruxism on top of clenching. 

    It will make things better.  I will feel better for using it.

    It may stop me clenching,  and, who knows?! - if I stop clenching,  I may get reduced pain elsewhere.

    It may make it more comfortable to wear one or other or both CPAP masks.

    It's only a guard!     It's not like it's chemotherapy, or lots of drugs with side effects.

     It's designed to help me, not make me feel bad.

Mm.  It's a start. I'm sure I will be able to turn this around by the time it arrives.

In the meantime, here is a picture of Shelby, being accidentally cute



 

 

 

 


Followers