Sunday 27 August 2023

Further derailed (but OK)

Wednesday's Chiro appointment really really helped.  

I had a double session booked so that Tania had time to try a range of therapies to help me.  As well as the usual McTimoney stuff, she used did  some myofascial release which nearly always produces good results for me.    I do a sort of myofascial release on my shoulders at home,  and it definitely helps.  Doing it myself isn't nearly as effective as  having someone do it properly.

She's also adding Craniosacral Therapy to her armoury, and I was really keen for her to try this on me.  From my point of view (although probably not hers) it's an extension of the myofascial release.  It worked really well, especially on my neck and on my back where I have the problem.  I was surprised at the intensity of the reaction my body had.  Of course it may well be the power of suggestion,  but I don't think so (some of the parts that reacted unexpected,  and some parts didn't react at all).

It wasn't an instant fix.  I felt a little better after the treatment.  I had a disturbed night, but I woke up feeling physically much better on Thursday.

I spent the evening binge watching Discovery as I only had a few episodes left.  I nearly bought a Netflix subscription so I could watch Cobra Kai, but I resisted.   I think DH would like it,  so I'll wait.

On Thursday, I decided to "pop round" and visit someone I haven't seen for 18? years.    My friend Yvonne mentioned her when we were at lunch on Sunday, and I privately resolved then to go on Thursday(my first free day). 

I felt a bit nervous on Thursday, and wondered if I should have phoned first.  I'm glad  I didn't, as it meant I didn't feel obligated to go, and I don't like feeling obligated.    I was able to sort a few things out, get myself in the right headspace, and then I went when I was ready.

It was lovely to see Sue, and she was very happy to see me.  We chatted over a cup of tea for ab hour or so, and then I left.    I'll go again before too long (and I will phone and arrange it, because it won't feel like an obligation now),

On the way home I called it at the local Waitrose. It was not a good experience.  I was shocked, as this used to be the Waitrose to go to in our area.  It's also the one which does my home deliveries (neither if the two nearer ones does it), and I now understand why choice and availability is so rubbish.

I was getting ready for Friday, when something popped up unexpectedly on my FB MArketplace feed.  A heat press for a mug.     I haven't thought about this since we went to the Printwear and Promotion Show at the NEC before I bought my 6 needle embroidery machine.

I did a bit of research on the machine,  and realised it wasn't worth buying.  I did fall down the rabbit hole though, and I spent the whole evening investigating and pricing and thinking.    What if I didn't buy a new embroidery machine?  What if I kept my old one, and used the money I'd been saving, to buy stuff to do sublimation printing?

Friday arrived, and I got up early as I had a long drive ahead of me and an appointment at 11.00.   I was going to look at a new embroidery machine.  The appointment had been made a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't want to cancel.     

I decided I'd go,  look at the machine, and then see how I felt.

Followers