Saturday 19 August 2023

I will use my time well.

I've got a few days on my own, and I'm intending to use the time well.

I will resist the temptation of binge-watching something.   

I will resist the urge to have rice pudding for dinner several nights on the trot. In fact,  I will resist having it more than once.

I will make at least one item of clothing from my ever increasing "to do" list, although its likely to be Monday at the earliest.   I've been doing some clearing so I can bring the overlocker downstairs, to make this more likely to happen.    It was like one of those sliding puzzles,   a lot more had to move (in other rooms)  before I can do this.

I have already cleared the A0 table in the box room,  and I've only put a little bit of the stuff on top of the organ.  I will clear it off shortly.

In order to do that, I have already had to have a rummage under the bed in the Guest Room/Sewing Room to put some stuff away and clear a space.   I added some more bits to the charity shop pile,  which is now filling the boot of my tiny car.

I offered some bits to my friend who is a brownie pack leader,  and I've put those to one side to deliver to her.

I've identified some bits to try and sell.  My "to sell" pile is now, literally, quite large as it includes lots of Omlet Cat Tree bits.  I need to wait before selling some of it though, and I'm impatient to get sold.

I've just deleted a paragraph going into tedious detail on the whats, whys, and wherefores of waiting to sell.

I've completed the task of  going through all my embroidery hooping systems, and have identified which ones I won't be able to use on my new machine (if I get it) and so I would  be able to sell.    I spent a long time getting sticky tape residue off a couple of them (I never thought I'd sell them, so it didn't matter) so they are fit to sell.    I need to wait until I'm sure I'm buying a new machine,  before I advertise them.

I'm making good progress on the embroidery designs task (I had to get them all in the new machine format,  and then I started my very detailed cataloguing from scratch).  I'm intending to have finished it before I go to look at the (possible) new machine.

On the Domestics front,  I've cleaned most of the windows. I can't do the outside of the upstairs ones, and I'm not going up a ladder. I'll have finished the others before teatime.    

Miss Teen has also messaged to say she'd like to come over and do some revision next week, which has thrown my plans a little.   

But it will be lovely to see her.

 


Followers