Wednesday 30 August 2023

Further derailment

DH popped back from his holiday late on Saturday, to see the cats (and me) and because he had something else planned on the Sunday.

He found me busily trying to write adverts for my embroidery machine and for the various framing/hooping systems I owned, which couldn't be converted to the new one.

I knew that I was obviously happy with my decision, because even writing out the she sales adverts for these framing/hooping systems (and the cost they represented) didn't give me any regrets. 

The whole process of listing took forever.   Then there were the queries to answer,  followed by transactions to deal with,  and then organising packaging and shipping.

I'd got most things wrapped by Sunday, and I'd arranged collection for all the sold bits for Tuesday.  I needed one more large box, and I didn't have anything suitable.  What I really wanted was one of those fruit and vegetable boxes, which don't have a lid but are large, have rigid sides, and a little bit round the top.   I asked on our local group if anyone had anything.  

One of my friends said that I could get them from the supermarket in the nearby town, so I was in there by 7.30 on Monday morning, and I came out with 5 of them.   One was perfect for wrapping the last item. In fact, it was so perfect, that I redid 3 of the other 4 packages in them as well.  This involved several trips into my loft to look for items suitable to used as lids and to provide rigidity.    Glenda, my little glue gun, wasn't up to the job and she had to be resuscitated several times.   I looked for DH's electric glue gun, but couldn't find it; I seriously thought about nipping out to buy one myself, but I restrained myself.

The repacking for most of the items was fine. One package, however, went into the next weight band,  so  so I had to cancel the postage and re-buy at the correct weight.   I cancelled the wrong one, and had to rebuy that too.

Everything was stacked up ready to go.  All photographed, photos and tracking numbers sent.   That was Monday, gone.

 I had another parcel which was being collected with the sold ones,  and I also had to parcel up my Roomba to return him to the manufacturer.  He was being collected on Tuesday as well.

I also had a number of deliveries expected, so I knew I wasn't going to get out and do anything sensible that day.

Tuesday was spent trying to clear up the debris from the packing,  updating my remaining adverts (and wondering about where else to post), and doing Domestics, in between receiving deliveries and handing over parcels. 

Eventually it was all done, I'd put all the deliveries away,  I'd done loads of washing,  I'd washed all the floors,  raked up the fallen apples (again), cleaned out the chickens....      DH came home, and the cats (and  I, or course) were delighted to have him back.

Today, I've been tracking the parcels. I won't relax until they've all arrived safely.   
 

I've had one person, so far, message me to say the parcel was delivered and the item arrived safely.   I actually bought a sewing machine from this person some time ago, so it feels like I was selling to a friend.  

She bought one of the items that I was very sad to find couldn't be adapted for my machine. So sad that I decided I'd probably buy another one, with fixings for my new machine.     It's likely that I'll have to buy from the US, and I want to wait until I know what is happening about brackets for a completely unrelated set of frames, in case I have to order those from the US as well.    She's planning to try the frame out this weekend, and I'm really interested to see how she gets on.

A second parcel has been delivered, but I haven't heard from the buyer yet.  I'll probably message them later.

I've also already spent some of the proceeds buying a (different again) preloved  frame for the new machine, and that should be here today.  In fact, it should already be here....I hope it hasn't got lost in the postal system.    

The rest of the money will go towards funding the new machine.

I need to get off my b*m and do something else, otherwise Wednesday will be a write off as well.



Followers