Monday 7 August 2023

Scores on the Doors

I did a 200+ mile round trip yesterday to collect some bits and pieces.

First up was a bundle of doors for the Walk In Run.   When I got them home, it turned out to not be quite as advertised, but it was an honest mistake so no point going back to the seller.    I've got 2 sets of doors, and we've rearranged a bit so we can make a 3rd set of doors to provide a porch. 

DH has built the porch already!

I'm selling 2 of the remaining half height doors, which I was expecting to be a full height door.  Becuase of the way they are built and welded, it's not possible to turn a bottom into a useable top door.   On the l;us side, I thought I'd advertise a few more bits for sale while I was at it,

The second stop was to collect a Hooping Station and Mighty Hoop.  It was a complete extravagance, but I think it will be worthwhile.   It's going to cause some upheaval at home, because I need to set it up somewhere, and there isn't any room.     We'd had a loose agreement about what was going to be rearranged to accomodate it,  and we'll probably  try and do that this week. Maybe.   It involves a lot of lugging, and I don't know if we've got the energy to do it.

The seller was lovely, and so was the cafe I met her in (which, it turns out, she owns!). 

It was an easy drive actually, mostly motorways and A roads, and it was a little faster than I had planned.

My back was quite painful in the evening, presumably from all the driving, and it gave me some gyp overnight.

Followers