Sunday 30 July 2023

Bras and Weddings

I've tried to keep the momentum going (I am aware of how stupid that sounds).

I managed to fix a second made to measure bra!  This time it was the eyes that needed fixing, and it was trickier than I anticipated (no surprise there)

Initially, I tried to reuse the original eye  piece. The metal parts weren't damaged,  the fabric whole section was tearing  away from the bra.   The original eye piece was too narrow for the fabric of the bra, and that is why it had torn. 

I carefully unpicked,  and I just could not get it back together.  I looked through my BBB (bra bits bag), and found a few eye pieces that were the correct size.  None were black though,  and all actually had their hook counterparts, so it seemed a shame to use them.   I'd recently purchased some spare hook and eye bits,  so I found those (eventually). and I actually had one the right width in black.  It was a little shorter than the original, but that shouldn't be a problem as I was wearing the bra on hook 2 anyway.

It was easier attaching the eye piece than it had been attaching the hook piece to the other bra.  I'm happy that the bra has been saved.  I've ordered some more of the bra fixings from a haberdashery website that is closing down,  I can see these being useful in future.

In other creative news,  I also made a card to celebrate a wedding.

A couple of weeks ago,  I combined 2 different designs (which is more faffy than it sounds), and added the name.  I had got as far as loading the design on to the embroidery machine.      I finally got round to stitching it out yesterday, and it came out really well. 

The appliqué part was a bit of a faff, and I wondered if I should have just chosen the satin fill stitch version instead.  But  the choice of fabric added a completely personal touch, and , and the fabric gave me the inspiration for the colour scheme of the lettering.

I hope the recipients like it.




 


Followers