Friday 14 July 2023

Jumbled

Not my best week.  Something is not quite right.

I'm struggling to do Sudoku Killer puzzles, and yesterday I struggled a bit to get started with the Codeword puzzle.      My brain is a it foggy, and I' not sure why this would be.

The CPAP is working well.   I'm waking up quite a lot, and I think that's from the back pain rather than apnoea.  

Last night I fell asleep n the sofa at about 10pm, and went to bed just before midnight.  This morning, I woke up feeling like I had been out through a wringer.   I realised I'd forgotton to put on my sleeping bra (a "must" since I started being forced to sleep on my side), AND I hadn't put my Wellue ring on.   At least I had put on my NightShift device, so I hadn't slept on my back,  and I did wear my CPAP.

This morning, I had a headache on top of everything else.  I weighed myself, and I've not put any more since last time,  but I'm at my heaviest ever weight (which I think is something to do with the CPAP).  My back and neck are tired/fatigued.

I didn't feel flu-ey, but "Covid" popped into my head.   I did a test, just in case, but it was negative.

 Maybe I need a precautionary visit to the Physio to try and improve things?  She;s full today. She has spaces tomorrow, but they coincide with the time the buyer is coming to collect the Cube.  The next appointments are Tuesday, so I might book one of those instead.

In other news,  we failed to go for a walk on Monday and Tuesday.  I booked a chimney sweep and a stove service.   Wednesday was Pilates, which was hard work but felt good.    We did a longer walk yesterday,  only a little over 2 miles, but it was good to do it.   Today its raining, so we decided not to walk (wimps!).

CRAFTY
I'm going to buy a pattern for a shirred sundress today.  I found an online free "pattern" for making a quick tubular dress, and I was tempted to try it. I still might  but the skirt on it would be enormous.    One of the online Indies that I've had some success with has a pattern, and I've been waiting for a few weeks to see if it comes up as their Friday Feature.   It hasn't so far, and I'm getting fed up of looking at the fabric on the dining room table, so I'll press the buy button today. Probably. Maybe.

The Macrame kit I bought at our local carnival is still sitting on the table, and everytime I look at it I think "Yes,  I do want to make a plant hanger, but not today".    It's going to go and live in the sewing room,  where it will probably stay until I get a moment of inspiration. Or until hell freezes over, whichever is sooner.

 I saw some fabric that I think my BFF Y would like, and I've ordered a tonne of it to be delivered. It's brushed cotton, and   I was thinking I might make her a dressing gown.    It was being sold at a bargain price, and I had to buy a lot of it because she's very tall and the fabric wasn't particularly wide.   It seemed like a good idea at the time,.

LEAK
We had a leak under the kitchen sink.    I found it because I was trying to read the meter following an unexpectedly large water bill.   I don't think the leak is the cause of the water bill,   it's too slow for  that.

The leak has come from the joint where the hose to the spray is attached.   I suggested to DH that we take the hose out, as I hadnow put a spray thing on our tap.  It's really ugly, ruins the line of our beautiful tap, but it works really really well.    He stopped the leak, and is waiting for a bit to arrive so he can block off the junction. 

The cupboard is drying out.  Luckily, some months ago now I reorganised it and put storage things in there, so whipping out loads of contents was quick and painless (unlike the process for DH of lying in the cupboard trying to fix things)  and it's not too much of a hardship having them on the kitchen floor.    I';; give the contents a once over to check that everything is still needed.

I'm also going to put a sensor light in the cupboard because I need to photograph the meter more often.   We've put a meter on the outside tap, and I want to photograph both fairly frequently, so I can get an idea of how much of our useage is in the garden (and therefore does not go through the waste water system).#

HENS

The new hens are doing quite well, and mostly there's not too much trouble.  A couple of the older girls, particularly Elizabeth and Fay, are being really nasty,  but the rest are not going outof their ways to pick on the newbies.   I've started to leave the top half of the dividing door  open at night.  I'm not ready to leave the whole thing open yet.

I suspect that the palamino Vorwerk, Ophelia,  might be blind in at least one eye.    Her behaviour is very strange sometimes, and she really seems to struggle to get treats.  I need to try and spend some time with her, but she just doesn not want to be handled at all.

Olga (Olly), the older of the two Araucana, is such a sweetie.  She's learned that jumping up on something gets her a treat . I don't even have to say "Up, Up" now, she just does it.     She's doing really well.

Odette (Odie), the other Araucana, does not want to be hand tamed, and refuses to understand "up, up", even when she sees her sister doing it and getting rewarded.  I wish Miss Teen was still the old (bu which I mean younger) Miss Teen,  as she would have leapt at the chance of soending some time hand taming a hen. 

The Oldies are doing OK.  Fleur has slowed down a lot.  I've singled out our most ancient hen, Poppy ,  for extra treats, especially fruit from the tayberry and jostaberry bushes.  I also make sure I  hand feed her some peas, and the sunflower seeds in the evening.  

FOOD

The Mrs Balbir Singh spices have been a revelation.  I've got the Butter Chicken spice mix out today, and it will be interesting to try this and compare it to the Butter Chicken Lady's recipe.    I won't use chicken of course, it'll be pork.   I think it might be the last pack of diced pork I have in the freezer.  I need to check the chest freezer in the summerhouse to see if I have anything else out there.

I haven't made the Byryani, and I'm not sure that I will.    Everything else has been somewhere on the scale of "good" to "sublime".    I've had to start buying jars of garlic paste and ginger paste,  as I use so much of it.  I know it's lazy,  but I really don't care.

 

Well, I think I've probably procrastinated enough.   I need to go and buy that pattern.  Maybe.

Followers