Saturday 11 January 2020

Slattern

I have a a very old, very large, sheepskin rug, which has seen better days.

Back when we were working, I had a glorious deep purple 4-sheepskin sized rug in front of the fire.  It was gorgeous,  and rugs from other companies just don't compare.   Our previous cat, Maddie, had an accident on it in her later years, and washing couldn't save it.  I replaced it immediately with another rug in a dark brown, from the same company. 

I keep thinking about replacing this one, as it is getting matted now and it's glory days are long gone.  I haven't because Izzy is getting older and may yet suffer an accident.  And now, of course, we have kittens who  like to pick at the rug.

I'll replace it eventually. And from the same company (if they are still in business!).

Because it's in front of the fire it gets full of stuff.   I have to shake it out frequently.  As is proper, I used to do this in the back garden.  However, the last few times I've done it,  the Girls have gone beserk and last time one of them leapt in the air and flew into next door's garden.

I'm not surprised.  When I  flick it,  it both looks and sounds like a ginormous bird, of course it scares  the Girls witless.

I've taken to shaking it out at the front of the house.

I feel like such a slattern. My grandmother would be ashamed.


Followers