Saturday 5 October 2019

Fabric-buying incontinence

After 9 months of buying virtually no fabric,  I had a momentary lapse.  My Facebook feed was the trigger,  but I shouldn't have looked.  Once I'd decided the fabric was worth breaking my ban for,  I ordered a few more pieces to make best use of shipping (well, to get free shipping).

This then led to another lapse Which led to another lapse, as I decided to order the other fabrics that I'd so carefully rejected.  Then, while I was waiting for the fabric to arrive,  I saw some fabric I knew  my sewing granddaughter would love, and I'm seeing her shortly... so that was another lapse. And then there was another one.    I have another lapse due to be delivered today or tomorrow,  and a final lapse which I've only just ordered, because it was all Christmas and Halloween stuff. Not that I have any room in the boxes for "Christmas" and "Halloween" fabrics.

Despite the apparent   incontentince,  I have tried to be discerning.   There were so many otherfabrics that I didn't buy.     I haven't looked at the website since.  

On the plus side,  I haven't had buyers remorse about any of them.   Well, I've had buyers remorse about breaking my self-imposed ban and my lack of self control,  but no buyers remorse about the individual fabrics.  They are all really lovely.

I am going to do some emergency making in the next few days. If I use some of the new fabrics up,  maybe it won't seem so bad.

Maybe.








Followers