Wednesday 16 September 2015

Burning Memories

I have been ruthless in my clearing out.

Today I started on some files of paper.  I am already rigorous in my record keeping, and destruction of old papers.   There have been some bits that I had kept for many years.

One humingous set of papers related to a narrowboat that we owned for 20 years.  We shared her with some other couples, and m fules conained all the receipts, meeting minutes, correspondence for the entire time. It also included the orginal purchase, and the final sale. 

I took a deep breath, and burned the receipts.

I then proceeded to  scan all the meeting minutes and the correspondence. Some of them already exist as electroinic copies in my records,  but the paper files contained meeting minutesand letters with my handwritten notes scribbled over them  the pristine digital copies didn't have that.

It's taken me the entire afternoon to get through it all, and I had to stop myself from reading them as I scanned them. I could feel myself getting nostalgic over our lovely boat.

I'm drowning in piles of scanned papers.   Mini bonfire tonight - thank goodness for a solid fuel stove.

Onward and upward.




Followers