Wednesday 6 October 2010

De-sensitising

So, the de-sensitisation process has begun.

Armed with a cup of corn, anNette and I went out into the garden.  anNette was standing by my side discreetly, and all the Girls came running up expectantly. I threw corn. The Girls descended on the corn.  I moved anNette a bit, and everyone ran shrieking under the shrub.

I realised that anNette doesn't look so much like the Grim Reaper, she/it looks like a Big Black Bird of Prey. No wonder they were scared.

With one arm out holding anNette, still upright, but the wind blowing the net out lile a windsock, I attempted to thrown corn with the other hand.  I clicked, I called, I chirrped, I threw.

Eventually, Lily came out.  Then a few others.  Tilda and Delilah remained under the bay tree, refusing to budge.  I moved Net.  Everyone ran away.  More calling, more corn.  

Then I turned round and walked in.

I can see this is going to take some time.

Followers