Sunday 21 January 2024

Sorry Odie

I managed to leave Odie, one of the young Araucana, shut out last night.

This morning DH went to let the Girls out, and was a long time. I looked ut of the bedroom window, and saw him counting hens before opening the door to the run.   i counted, and there were 2 missing, both araucanas,

And then I saw Odie walk in to the paddock from DH's workshop.  I realised she'd been shut out.

DH also saw her, but he was still looking, and I realised Ollie was missing as well.   I came downstairs and went outside, and found DH looking in the nestboxes of all the coops.    Thankfully, he found her sitting in one, possibly trying to lay an egg,

Poor Odie.  It was a horrible night to be stuck out.  At least it wasn't freezing, but there had been a lot of wind and rain. She looked OK, so I guess she'd found somewhere sheltered to roost.

I'm so lucky we didn't have a fox visit.

Followers