Tuesday 23 January 2024

Bergamot and Jigsaw

I made bergamot marmalade.

It didn't set well (my fault), and I wasn't sure about the taste.    However, I ghad some on toast this morning, and it was most acceptable.  Just as well, as I have a lot of it (despite throwing a lot away).

i also did a jigsaw. I saved the edge pieces for DH to do, and I finished it this morning.

It was a really enjoyable one. Lots of variety, and I really liked the subject. It was a Gibson  "Memories of the 1970s", and was an array of groceries from that time.  

I was a small child then, and I vividly remember most of the  items. I don't remember "Quaker Natural Cereal" (top left), nor the"Prewetts Wholeweheat Flakes  next door to it, nor the Magic Roundabout  Nabisco whatever they weres.  I also don't remember the "Brancrisp" half way down, right hand side). I do remember the Energen though.   

i do remember everything else.  

I smiled when I saw the brick of Walls Raspberry Ripple ice cream (bottom),  that was my favourite ice cream as a child.  Its still one of my favourites now,


I remember the Kellog's Country Store jingle (well, the last but where the singer sang the name);   iI remember the Ariel before everything bccame automatic and then biological powders and the Ariel logo turned green.  I remember the Daz challenge.   "Kellog's Rise and Shine orange juice powder was a treat; we tried to make Alpen in a lesson at school when I was about 6 or 7;  My Nan always had lemon barley water; we had Treetop orange squash

It was a joy to do, and I've got a confectionery puzzle in a similar vein in the to do pile

Such a lovely trip down memory lane.


Followers