Tuesday 16 January 2024

Can't settle

I'm having trouble getting motivated to do anything.

I did have a go at making something out of an old towel.  I managed to break both needles on my Overlocker, 4 times.  At one point I began to wonder if I'd knackered the overlocker, but it's OK on other fabric.

I've got a long list of things I supposedly want to make, I just can't get up any enthusiasm to actual do anything.

I cleared the kitchen table last week, in an attempt to unblock my creative juices.  It didn't work, andit now has a crate of clementines and a tray of bergamots on it. Plus a jigsaw puzzle, a tray of tools which DH needs to sort an dput away, and a load more besides.   The jigsaw puzzle was one I bought lastyear, and I decided a few weks ago that I'd like to make it and then sell it on,

It spent several weeks on the dining room table.  It was joined by another (preloved purchase) puzzle last week.  I moved it to the kitchen today, thinking it might spur me on. It didn't.

I realised that I could probably zest and juice the bergamots and freeze everything, and I'll keep that as a fall back position if I don't snap myself out of this funk.

I did manage to take a birthday card (with some penguin earrings and a wad of cash) round to Miss Teen on her birthday. And I ordered a specific Moonpig birthday card for the youngest DGD , in good time.  She'll have money as well, but I'll transfer direct into her bank account.

It's my SIL's birthday on Friday,  and I have a card for her.   I've got two other January birthdays to plan for,  but I can't quite think that far ahead.

I've got a Physio appointment on Friday, and I really need it.  I've been back and forth to Wales, and I've been ill, and I haven't had an appointment since just after Christmas.



Followers