Monday 30 October 2023

Macbeth

Macbeth at the Globe was great!   The layout of the theatre really gave me an appreciation of what it would have been like in originally.  

The production was gender neutral, so Duncan was a woman,  and the 3 Witches were men.  It was modern dress, which was fine.

We were lucky with the weather.  Miss Teen was particularly lucky.  She'd ignored my reminder for her to wear layers and a coat,   insisting that she would be warm enough in a hoodie and leggings.     I felt an uncontrollable surge of annoyance when she said that.   I know she's a teenager, and I know she thinks she knows best.   

I'd also suggested she had a quick read of the synopsis of the play from the Revision Guide I'd bought her.  She said she knew the story so didn't need to refresh herself before we went.    She got lost early on in the performance. so found it all a bit tedious.

 She was cold on the way home, and it took quite a bit of self control for me to not point out that she should have brought a coat. 

 In the end, it was a complete waste of money from the point of view of helping her.  

Still,  I wouldn't have gone otherwise, and I'm glad I did.


Followers