Friday 28 October 2022

On hold

We did an ikea Click & Collect earlier in the week, and it was much better than the usual hassle. The stuff was wheeled out to me on a trolley, we wheeled it to the car, loaded the carm unkloaded when we got home.  DH started building the stuff today.  What could go wrong?

Well what could go wrong is that we didn't spot that one of the boxes wasn't factory sealed, it had been resealed with tape.  (We didn't pick the boxes up one by one, we just picked them up in piles and put them in the car).

When DH came to assembe the item, there was a key component (and the instructions) missing.  He was not a happy bunny.

I looked online to try and find out how to report this.  I coudln't get a number for the local store, there was no online reporting, I had to phone a central number.

The recorded message warned that the waiting time was 45 minutes. 

And it was.

Luckily,  the on hold music was Abba, which made me smile.

The customer service person was very helpful, and is arranging for a replacement item to be sent.   

I fed back my appreciation of the choice of on hold music.

 

 

Followers