Friday 21 October 2022

Gently does it

I needed to see my McTimoney Chiropractor.  

I saw the Physio  last week because my neck was so painful.  She has been fantastic in mobilising my upper back and shoulder,   and I needed a lot of quite intense manipulation and massage.  Last week was the first time I didn't get a lasting improvement after her session. I did get an immediate improvement that afternoon and evening, but it was all lost by the following morning.

I realised a few days ago that what my neck needed was some very gentle manipulation and stretching, the sort my lovely Chiro, Tania, does.     Tania, who is going on holiday, had no slots available.

I tried to get a GP appointment (end of the month).    I thought about going to another Chiro.  I could see that might be the only option.  But I kept checking Tania's calendar each day, hoping for a cancellation. Finally,  there was one, and I grabbed it.

I saw her yesterday.  It's been 6 months since I last saw her.     She listened to my outpouring of woe (there was a lot to tell her,  I hadn't realised quite how much had happened, health wise,  in the last 6 months).  

She examined,  she tested my neck,  she said she needed to do some releasing elsewhere first.  And then she did her stuff.     And it really helped.  

It wasn't a "wow, I felt it all resolve" moment,  it was a "oh, that feels a bit easier",  "that's better".    And it was an easier drive home.    It wasn't a good night. Not the worst, but not great.  But I was relatively OK this morning. 

And DH and I have just moved the 3.6cubic metre log delivey from the drive into the greenhouse, barrow by barrow. 

The back of my legs are complaining, my glutes are shouting, and I'm shattered.  But my neck?  It is OK.     Not "I'm now back to perfectly good health",  but it's OK.

I need to go and so some stretching to try and release off my poor aching muscles.

 


Followers