Friday 12 March 2021

Knickers!

Did I mention that I tried cotton lycra on the Gable Boxer Shorts?     I even managed some beautiful binding round the fly.

However, when DH tried them on, there was something very wrong.  It was probably my sewing, or interpretation of the instructions, but something was amiss.  I checked against the pattern, and I couldn't see what I'd done wrong.

 I decided to try anotherpattern.    Made by Jacks Mum had just relaunched as Waves and Wild,  they were now including Projector files,  their Superhero Boxer Shorts had no back seam, and all the relaunched patterns were only £2.   I bought the pattern.

I made up a pair, and they mostly fitted.    They certainly fitted where the Gables had not.    I think I should have made a size smaller (although DH was happy with the size,  he just wasn't too keen on the jersey waistband), DH wore them all afternoon, to see how they got on.  He didn't say anything, so I assume they were OK.

I'll do the smaller size next, with some elastic so we can see how they compare.  

I also made another top. Same old pattern.   I used the differential feed on my overlocker to gather the neckline.   t works so well,  it nev er ceases to surprise me. 

I used my narrowest binding to cover it, and it worked well.  I didn't have it lined up as well as I could, so I haven't taken a picture of the finished neckline.

I forgot to take it off differential feed, so I inadvertently sewed the shoulders on a slightly gathered setting, but it was OK.

I bound the sleeves, which was OK until I ran out of binding.  It's a bit of a botch at the back.

Lots of little niggles, but wearable under a jumper.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total crafty things this year: 23

Sewing based makes: 15;
Inner pad for foot muff; make cover for foot muff;  trim down Superking Duvet to KS and recover edges;
Cushion cover for Miss T; Gift bags for Miss T and GDK;
Dressing Gown;
Cat Duvet, Duvet Cover and Pillowcase;
Cushion cover for living room;
Sleeveless tops (x4);
Overlocker chicken

Learning activities: 7;  

Non sewing based craft makes: 1. 




 

 

   

Followers