Friday 12 August 2022

kiss kiss bye bye Katie

10 year old Katie (Catherine of Aragon) died today.

She was an Allotments,  from the same hatch as Poppy and Gloria.   That was the year that we kept 8 hatched girls: Poppy, Glori, and then Catherine, Anne, Jane, Kathryn, Ann of Cleves and Kathryn Parr.

She came ro live in the garden at the beginning of the first lockdown. E girls were stolen, and we has ro evacuate the remaining girls to our home.

She was a lovely girl, and I am so lucky that lockdown enabled me ro get to know her so much better.  She was,  after a while,  happy to be stroked and taksbtrsats. She didn't like being picked up, ans so I sidnt pick her up unless necessary.

She has  slowed down a few months ago,but continued ro be active and interested.  She was obviously on her way out recently,m but she was still interested in eating.   I bought her mealworm,  which she relished.  She walked herself into the fruit cage when she saw me come out with the container, and I blocked the entrance so she could eat in peace.  We had a routine for the last few days.

She died this evening

Followers