Friday 5 August 2022

Sideways

Sometimes  a sideswipe occurs.  Yesterday was a write off.   All my plans of making some tops went out of the window.

Much, much later,  when I was thinking about going to bed, I had a  surge of interest in some items I was selling. 

I usually buy my postage online, print it, and then take the item to the Post Office to get a receipt.  Last night one of my larger items sold, and the service I used required it to be taken to either a delivery office (not a post office) or I could get it collected (and in this instance, collection was free). 

When a second item sold, I thought I might as well have them collect that too.     And then there were 3.  By the fifth item,  I couldn't see the point of going to the Post Office now that I had a despatch depot in my hallway.

Just after they were collected this morning, a sixth item sold.   I went to the Post Office to find it was closed for lunch.   I didn't even realise our  When I got back,   I had an enquiry about another item,  on a different platform,   so I parcelled that up and went to the post office.

On the plus side, I've got rid of many of the boxes from the summerhouse,  and I've recycled some sheeps wool insulation.

I also managed to take some varied (poultry and gardening) magazines to the local care home.  I've still got a boot full of charity shop donations to do,  I'll try and motivate myself to actually take them somewhere next week.

I'm regrouping now, trying to clear up yet again) the packing materials,  and marshalling the bits that didn't sell to decide whether to save them and try them again later or what.    When I've finished this blog, I'm going to take a deep breath,  and put all the selling stuff away. Properly away. 

My "To sell" drawer is nearly empty.  Maybe tomorrow I'll resume cupboarding. 

Meanwhile, DH has been busy processing tomatoes.  Two callers (on separate days) have commented on how wonderful it smells.   I passed the compliments on.    DH appeared not to be bothered, but I suspect he's secretly quite chuffed.




Followers