Sunday 8 November 2020

Seizing up

We're not moving as much as normal (whatever "normal" was.  Seems a long time ago).  

It's a lovely November day.   I stood on the doorstep for the two minutes silence,  along with just a couple of neighbours (surprised there weren't more actually, as we have plenty who are in the older age group that tend to feel the importance of this).     Of course there was nothing to mark the end of two minutes and, when I eventually felt able to fish my phone out of my pocket and check,  it had actually been a 3 and a half minute silence.

We're doing Pilates three times a week now,  and it's helpful - but it's not enough on its own.    Early this afternoon I dragged a very reluctant DH out to do a walk around our local recreation ground.     Just a short walk, just under a mile,  but it was good to get the air in my lungs and my legs stretched.

The Pilates teacher is also running a 30 day challenge, which DH is quite keen for us to do. 

I bought a Shakti mat to try.  I can't lay on it without a cover on,  but it's quite comfortable with it.  I can only manage short sessions though and I've not been doing it regularly.    I'm going to find a way to make it part of my daily routine.  Let's be honest, it's not as if I don't have time for it.

A recent blood test indicated that one of my medications needed upping. I started on the higher dose on Friday, so  it will be interesting to see if I notice any improvements.    I've also been increasing the dose of my 2 tinctures.  I'm now at 18 drops (0.6ml) of each, which is still less than a third of the recommended amount at the bottom of the range.   I'll be increasing to 24 drops (0.8ml shortly). 

My rosacea had improved noticeably, for the briefest of times.  I looked in the mirror and was amazed to see a difference.  I took photos and compared with previous photos to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  A few days later, the Rosacea was back,  and I'm not sure why.   I imagine the stuff in my gut (that I'm trying to get rid of) started fighting back a little harder.

Isobelle, our elderly cat,  is seizing up a bit.  The November and December weather does this to her every year. Each year, we keep a careful eye on her in case she's suffering.  So far, she's been OK,  just a bit slow and stiff ("I know that feeling").

We've started giving her some stuff to help her movement.  She's sleeping a lot.    She had her monthly check up at the Vet on Friday - I'm so happy that they are able to carry on seeing patients -   and she'd put on a litttle bit of weight. I guess that's really because she hasn't been running around so much. 

The kittens were most interested in Izzy being put in a bag. I'm not sure she appreciated them sitting on top, and biffing her from all sides!

Shelby has been busy chasing squirrels.    She's also tried chasing Fay, one of our few really loopy hens.  Unfortunately, Fay reacts by shrieking and running away, which really encourages Shelby to chase her.      Shelby has no intention of actually catching her though; I watched several interactions over the last few days and can see from the way Shelby behaves that this is the case.

I'm getting the stirrings of an Itch to Stitch (An Urge to Serge, ha ha, I must tell my brother that one).  I tested out one of the sets of accessories, the 5/8" downturn feller, for my coverstitch and it worked quite well.  That is to say it worked well on a straight bit of fabric,  I've got to work out how to use it "in the round".     I've got to have a go at one of the double fold binders,  but these require a different method of garment contruction to the one I usually use,  and I've not had success with that method when I've tried it before. 

I need to do something though.  How many times have I said that?   I don't know!


Followers