Saturday 22 February 2020

Mirandathon

Miss Tween and I like to have something to binge wtach during the holidays.  We've done a few series of things now, including Game of Thrones, Firefly, The Persuaders and Modern Family.  I introduced her to Once Upon a Time and she binge watched that at home.

Some weeks (months?) ago the BBC did a show which celebrated  the 10th anniversary of Miranda.  
I watched the anniversary show, and it made me want to watch the series again.   I thought it would be a great one to share with Miss Tween, so  I bought the DVDs,  ready for half term.   The show was also available to download, free, so I did that too.      I patiently waited for half term, and Miss Tween, to arrive.

I explained the show to her, and how it was silly funny,  a bit cringey,  but gentle.    We watched the first episode, and she liked it.  We watched a couple more.  Then we'd squeeze in an episode before dinner,   or while we were waiting for DH to come downstairs to watch TV in the evening.

In the space of the week she was here,  we managed to squeeze in all 18 episodes (3 series) and the Christmas finale double episode.

It was such fun! watching it in binge mode.     It was also fun watching it with someone of Miss Tween's age,  it made the  the will they/won't they  aspect of the show particularly strong.  She did laugh loudest at the physical comedy - Miranda's trips and falls,  pushing Stevie off her chair,  getting her skirt caught in the taxi.    Just as it should be for someone of her age.

DH doesn't like it.    He laughs a lot when watching it,  but he's adamant he doesn't like it.   He doesn't like farces, or any cringey comedies, either.( But then neither do I. ).      

In some respects, it was better that we didn't have to factor his availability in to watching it, as we'd never have got through it.

I'm thinking maybe "Life on Mars" for Easter.


Followers