Friday 17 March 2017

Pain in the Neck

I've had back and neck pain for longer than I can remember.   It's mostly intermittent now, but every so often I hace a flare up. Over the years I've tried all sorts of gizmos to try and help.  
I've had backstretchers that look like a curved abacus. A imilar laddery neck stretcher.

Some years ago I bought a newer type of back device, called a FlexiBak. This really helped.  Unlike the abacus thing,  each individual piece moves independently,  and the exercises were simple rocking ones.  The improvement I see when I use it is much greater than the small amount of input it takes.


The only downside is that I have to lie on the floor to use it, and often I just couldn't be bothered to get all the way down there and all the way back up again.

I do still use it when I'm in pain, though.

What actually works is regular visits to see my Chiro,  fso that problems can be tackled before they get serious,  and massages in between.

Sometimes though, I still get neck problems - usually if I've been working in one position for a long time,  or I've been overdoing it on my tablet, or if I have a migraine attack.    During one such occurrence a few months ago,  I came across something oon Kickstarter called a C Rest. 

Because I was in pain at the time, and I was desperately trying to massage my neck to release the pressure,  I could see how the C-Rest might help me.  I particularly liked the idea that it could be used while I was sitting in a chair,  and so I backed it.

It arrived today.


I'm not sure about it.  I've had a quick go (I even lay on the floor to try it),  and I'm not sure.
I'm going to try it again later.  And I'll take it to my next Chiro appointment (not for another 5 weeks!) to see what my Chiro thinks about it.

We'll see.


Followers