Saturday 28 November 2015

Procrastination and avoidance.

I don't send many Christmas cards. Most of those I do send, I make.  This year, I thought I'd whip something up on the embroidery machine.

I've purchased a number of suitable designs over the last few months. I was running out of reasons not to knuckle down and make some.    I bought more designs.

I catalogued my designs.

I printed out some of the pictures.

I did some stuff with installing fonts.  I did all my fonts.  I created PDF files of images of the fonts.  I printed the catalogue.  I bound it.   I bought more fonts.

I thought about making applique christmas trees, I have lots of fabric.  I searched for designs. I bought designs. I catalogued designs.

I just haven't been able to make myself make anything.

In the shower this morning, as I had my three thousandth bright idea for christmas cards,  I thought about why I've been avoiding it.   Is it that I don't want to make embroidery cards?  Or make cards at all?  Or send cards?    

Am I bored with embroidery?

I don't think so.

I think I'm suffering from the embroidery equivalent of Analysis Paralysis.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the array of things I want to make.  I'm ovewhelmed with the possibilites of fabric (even if I just use felt, I've got so many colours), and thread.  And the colour of the card for the cards.


So, I'm going to just pick a couple of designs, and make them and see how they come out.  Doesn't matter which one (or two). 

Any will do.

Just pick one.

I'm now wrtiting this blog post.   I think writing it down will make me do it.

Honestly.

I will.

Really. I will.

I'll just make a quick cup of tea.  And put some bread on.  And get mutton joint out of the freezer in the shed.  And take the apple baskets back to the shed while I am at it.  And check for eggs / give the chooks their afternoon corn.  And top up the bird feeder while I am in the garden........


Followers