Sunday 12 May 2024

Video on demand

We were lucky enough to have a video recorder very early on. None of my friends had one.

The tapes were eye-wateringly expensive.    We started off with 60 minute tapes, and then as time went on, 120 mins and even 180 minutes!! became available.

Back then, of course, you could only see films when they were shown on TV.  There was no Iplayer, or on-demand service.  So we used to record films and keep them.  Dad built a drawer for them, and then another one.  We had a massive collection.

I found them all today.  All mouldy, sadly.

As I piled the into a heavy duty bag, the titles made me smile.



Grey Lady Down, Magificent Seven,  Jaws, The Omen,  That Touch of Mink,  Benny Hill, Support your Local Gunfighter....n

Hundreds of them.

Our own "on demand" library.

And the most treasured of all, some of the James Bond films.  I remember the excitement when Goldfinger was going be shown on television for the first time!

Followers