Saturday 18 May 2024

Cooping Strategy

I'm shattered. My back is killing me.

Another 3 nights/4 days of clearing my parents house, with us coming back very late Tuesday night. 

ONE of the sets of china

Wednesday and Thursday was spent dealing with stuff I'd brought back.  The crates we bought for transporting stuff are working really well.   I've got a large number of them stacked up against the wall in my living room, most of which contain the worlds largest private collection of Colclough china. 

My parents collected several sets. The picture shows just one of those sets.

Friday was a warm day, and I decided I really had to do the chicken coops.  I normally do a deep clean and disinfect in  early April, but all this business with my Mum has meant I've not been able to,   I seized the sunshine on Friday,  and did all 3 coops.   It took quite a long time, and I was so very tempted to just do 2. Or 1.       

They are all done now

I've also had a slight rearrangement of one part of the run, with DH putting in a fairly low level bar for the girls to roost on during the day.  

They have, of course, ignored it.  

DH also set up the enormous shade, unasked, for them.  

All we need now is enough sun to justify it.

My back and stomach are terrible today,

Followers