Friday 14 April 2023

Tendonipathy

I've had Plantar Fasciitis for a few months now and, despite me doing the usual exercises for it,  it's still extremely painful.  Last week on the boat, it felt like I was stepping on the point of a sharp knife.

When I got home, I ordered a couple of pairs of Skechers from Costco, they arrived super fast and eased things a little.

One of my friends (the lovely D, who looked after the house for us) had this, and was helped very much by a fairly local clinic that used Shockwave therapy.    The Physio I go to also has a Shockwave machine, and I've been considering getting treatment there for weeks. I'm not sure why I didn't just get on with it,

Anyway,   D recommended the person who helped her so I decided to go there instead. I had my first appointment on Wednesday (2 days ago).

It's not Plantar Fasciitis, it's Tendonipathy.   The solution is stretch and strengthen, and she did a lot of work on my foot and calf,  She taped my calf up, and I have a series of exercises to do.

I was absolutely shattered that night, had a rough night, and had trouble getting up yesterday.  Last night was better.

I've been trying to keep the trapping dry in the shower, using cling film (fail) then a bag and clingfilm (fail).  I should have just ordered one of those leg things,  and I might do that (although it's probably to late now). 



Followers