Friday 3 March 2023

Skirting around

I made a skirt!

As soon as the two pieces of fabric arrived, I pout them in to wash and then hung them up to dry.  They've been sitting on airers waiting for me ever since.

For the first couple of days, I was either too unwell or too busy to do anything.

Then I was just too busy.

Two days ago I cleared space so I could do the cutting,  but then got sidetracked with a Server problem.  And then I spent a day going through thousands of emails deleting redundant stuff and filing things.

Yesterday, I cleared the space even more and, as I went to bed, I put the pattern templates on the table, ready.

Today I took a deep breath and cut and sewed the first one. It's lovely.  It just needs hemming, and I decided to wait until had made both and then do the hemming all in one go.   I want to cut and sew the secoind one before I put everything away,  but I'm not sure I have the energy. 

Followers