Monday 13 March 2023

Brava!

For the last 3 or so months, I've been sleeping on my side, enforced by my NightShift
device which goes off if I lie on my back.   

A couple of months ago, I started to get pain down my sides, and I was sure it was directly related to side sleeping, although I couldn't really work out why.   It's continued ever since.

A week or so ago, I was trying to relieve my back and neck pain by doing a kind of self-adminsistered  myofascial release,  when I realised that the side pain was in the same place on both sides.  I massaged each side for a bot, trying to locate the source spot.  

When I found it,  it occurred to me that my boobs might be causing the problem.  DH suggested wearing a bra (me, not him) in bed, to see if it helped.   I didn't like the idea, as I could foresee all sorts of issues with it.  However, I couldn't think of a better option and,   a day or so later, I remembered that I had bought a "Lounge Bra" from Bravissimo, last time I had placed an order.   It didn't give enough support to be a day wear bra, but I'd kept it anyway.    I wondered if it might work for sleeping.  I tried it.

Pic from Bravissimo website

After the first night,  it was too soon to tell if it made any difference to the side pain.   I did have horrendous neck pain though, and I was sure it was my poor neck complaining about having to heft my boobs all night.  I guess it was not a surprise.    

After the second night, the neck pain wasn't too bad,  but I still couldn't tell if it was helping with the side pain.    After the 3rd night, the neck pain had become more tolerable, and  I decided I'd better order a second bra: turning around the washing and drying so I could wear the same night it was washed wasn't working too well.

I was surprised to read just how many big boobed women  routinely wear a bra to sleep in.  I found aninteresting article about it on the Bravissimo website, including how they introduced a sleep bra to try and accommodate some requests they had, and they were completely unprepared for its success.   It's here if you are interested

I think it might be helping, but I'm not 100% sure.   I'm going to carry on until at least my next Chiro appointment and see how things feel when she has had a poke around.


Followers