Wednesday 8 March 2023

A weak week

What an odd week it has been.

I made both skirts in the end,  big win :-)   

Both are still waiting to be hemmed. :-(   

I've tried giving myself a talking to,=. I've tried a range of usually successful techniques to motivate myself.  I've even gone into the room to do it, and then walked out again,   I know what the problem is, and it's a really stupid thing.

I need to get rid of the old mattress which is standing in the Sewing Room (Guest Bedroom). I know I am being ridiculous,  but it's just changed the whole feeling of the room.  It' makes it  awkward to nmove the embroidery machine stand so that I can actually get to my coverstitch machine, and I guess that it's not taking a lot to put me off at the moment.  I'll get it sorted.#

I had a day where I was (relatively) full of energy and gave the kitchen a really thorough clean, and mopped all the downstairs floors.   I also gave the living room a good going over, and it looks quite tidy and welcoming again  :-)

We had Miss Teen on Sunday afternoon, and Monday evening, and Tuesday evening :-)   DH helped her with her Physics revision,  and I helped her understand her Maths homework.    I made pizza yesterday.  I used the oven for the first time in a looooong time to do thin ones for myself and DH.  I made a deep pan version for Miss Teen, and I cooked that in the air fryer.  It worked surprisingly well.

I bought some more of the short and stubby haynets, and I used those to hang vegetables for the Girls.   If they use them, it will save me having to drill their veg to hang it.  There is no reason to suspect they won't use them,  they use the one the Alfablock is in, However, hens are hens, and that means we take nothing for granted.

We also finally put the multi height perch in their run, and of course they've ignored it completely.  I tried to encourage Astrid (the Leghorn) to use it, but she just panicked.  She's the hen who is most tolerant of being picked up,  plus she's back in lay and crouching for me.  I will persevere.

Other stuff has happened, which I can't (or, more accurately,  don't want to) write about.

I had a few impulse purchases over the last few weeks and, so far,  all have worked out and I'm not suffering  Buyers Remorse.   Only one of them was a brand new purchase, a Zebra 6x4 label printer, and I used my birthday money anyway for that.  I buy all my postage online now, even the normal first class postage.  No more printing, cutting, using strips of double sided tape to stick the label to the parcel!    I have to chuckle at the situation where such a thing brings me such joy. :-)

I finally started watching The House of Elliott, which I'd bought (preloved, of course) on DVD a year?  2 years? ago.     I didn't watch it when it originally aired on TV,  but it was discussed on one of the sewing groups a while ago because the designs are gorgeous.     I'd bought it because I thought my sewing DGD, G,  might like to see the clothes. 

I was surprised and delighted to find that it was written by Jean Marsh and Eileen Atkins, who also wrote Upstairs Downstairs.      I've managed to watch 7 episodes so far, I've not much opportunity to binge watch.   I love it!  I'm not sure it'll capture DGD's interest though,  probably too slow moving for her.  Personally I quite like the gentle speed of the plot and character development.

And then today I woke up with a stonker of a headache, and had to miss Pilates.  I finally managed to get up about an hour ago, and that was only because the migraine tablets had kicked in sufficiently.   It wasn't a migraine, but I did have associated vomiting, and one of the ingredients in Migraleve is for sickness,..   The tablets are wearing off a bit now, so I need to take things easy.

I'm not sure whether the headache is related to my sleeping problems, or whether it was caused by something I ate.  The two candidates are last night's pizza (although I've eaten the same ingredients in the same combination before with no headache), or a new fruit tea I'd tried.  I strongly suspect the fruit tea (because it pops into my head every time I think about my headache) ,  but I don't know which of the ingredients is likely to be the culprit.   

I need to go for another lay down now.




Followers