Saturday 29 January 2022

Pig of a Day

DH isn't very well.      This weekend was Pig weekend, so we did what we could.

I collected the porker this morning, and got home late.  DH had sterilised everything, got the boards out, knives sharpened.   We started at about 1pm.     

DH had to wear a mask, and we both had a sit down part way through.  We didn't really  make the most of the pig this time - no ham, no bacon.  We aren't even keeping the shouder as a joint!    We do have 3  good sized belly joints, a tenderloin, and several kilos of diced pork so far. We'll have a good amount of mince, and we're going to be making many many sausages.  I've got lard rendering at the moment, and we're having ribs for dinner.

I know I'm being wasteful, because Im not making stock.  I just don't have the energy. Or the vegetables.

We'll do the sausaging (and mincing)  tomorrow,  too tired today.

Followers