Friday 7 January 2022

A long week

End of the first week of the New Year, and it's aleady had more than it's fair share of incidents.

A case of Bird Flu was found fairly locally, which resulted in the culling of many beautiful birds.   A "surveillance zone" is now in operation,  missing us,  and we've upped our preventative routine as it really is too close for comfort.

I managed to stuff up embroidering a sweatshirt for Miss Teen's birthday and I compounded this by creating a hole in it when trying to shave the embroidery off.  It was a bought sweatshirt, and I bought the design especially, so doubly (triply) frustrating.   I walked away and left it, and I ma or ay ot revisit it over the weekend.

My Mum had a fall.  Fortunately she didn't break anything, but she's bruised and battered, and has to use 2 sticks to walk at the moment. 

And yesterday my youngest Uncle had a heart attack.  He's currently in hospital, and recovering well.

On the plus side:
 

the back  exercises, which are taking me about an hour a day to complete, are having an effect. I think it's a positive one, mostly.

I bought some horrendous sports bras to try and take the pressure off my back.   The first one, suggested by my DSD,  was a challenge to get into, and not especially comfortable.   I got the maximum cup size, which was too small, and I increased the band size to compensate. t I think it's still a bit small, which is why it isn't as comfortable as it could be.      However, it took some of the weight,  and it did  a good job of helping me keep my shoulders from sagging forward.   I managed most of the exercises in it.   

The next one, which I'm wearing today,  is less supportive/restrictive bra , and is marginally more comfortable. It doesn't have quite the same shoulder snapping effect,  but the fact that the straps are adjustable means it has some advantages.  I haven't tried exercising in it yet, I'm just about to do that, 

Both of them give me a peculiar shape.  At the moment, I don't care

I found one other ReadyTo Wear one which looks promising but they are out of stock in my size. Or any size near my size. 

I'm hoping that my bespoke Optifit bras will hurry up, and I'm really really hoping that they will work.

I saw my cousin (the one who has/had  throat cancer) today, and he continues to improve.  He's still having a rough time,  as you'd expect,  and has learned that he won't be "back to normal" for another year or so.  He was originally, incorrectly, told he would be back to normal about 6 months after the treatment finished.

 And this is only Day 7.

 

 

 



Followers