Sunday 16 January 2022

Another long week

One of the Girls, Astrid the Leghorn, got caught in the netting.    

I heard a bit of a commotion and wet outside to investigate.  Most o fthe girls were hanging aroud behind a shrub.  I counted, and realised Astrid was missing.  I walked rounf the Run to get to the door, and I spotted her hanging in the netting.  One foot on the ground, the other vertically up behind her.  I felt sick.

I dropped to the ground and started to gently disentangle the leg.  When she was free, she hobbled a few steps.  I watched her for a moment;  she was limping, but her leg didn't look broken.  I went inside to get some treats so I could catch her and examine her.   She seemed OK.  I kept an eye on her for several days, and now she seems back to normal.    

The camera software updated, and we don't have any recordings so I can't  see what happened.  I suspect a cat may have been involved.

-&-

My mum hadn't improved, she wanted to go to hospital, so my DB has gone to help.  Mum didn't want to leave Dad on his own, and was having trouble getting to the hospital.     He's been there a couple of days now and Mum is still in hospital.   If this continues beyond Tuesday I'll go up so he can come home.

 -&-

I've failed to do anything creative, I just can't summon the energy or enthusiasm.  There's some other stuff going on which I wish I could write here and get it off my mind, but I can't. 

  -&-

On the plus side:

    ...we had Miss Teen over after school earlier in the week.   After school snack homework,  hearing about her New Year Resolutions,  Dinner, Trivial Pursuit, and TV. 

    ...the Physio exercises are helping with my evening and overnight back pain.  There are quite  afew exercises, and I spend about a hour uring the day doing them, not all at once.

The "kinked pipe" pressure continues to wake me (approx 20 times a night at the moment), but now it is easier to isolate it and describe it.

    ...my new specially made bras arrived.  They are very peculiar to put on, but they are doing a reasonable job.

...Miss Teen liked her birthday pressie and card.

    ...we went to County Hall in London, to see Witness for the Prosecution.  We'd booked the tickets back in October, long before Omicron was a thing.         We went up by train,  which I found a bit more challenging (too Peopley) than I expected.  However,  the area around County Hall was quiet,   the venue was marvellous,  and the show was fantastic.     We saw DexDIL and DGDs,  but onlycgot to chat in the interval and on the walk back to the station afterwards.

...weve had some gorgeous cold but bright weather.  DH dug up the parsnips yesterday, I made notes fr myself,  which I'll post later, so I don't end up having to do the same experiments next year,

 


 

 

 


Followers