Tuesday 1 February 2022

I made something!

I made something! 

I managed to make a cover for a huge cushion for a friend's 50th birthday pressie.    I bought the fabric especially, it's upholstery fabric with cocktails on.       The inner is one of several I bought last year but didn't use.

I had to overlock each piece as soon as I cut it, as it frayed immediately.  I wasn't feeling up to putting a zip in, so I did an envelope fold.  I pattern matched the overlap at the back, and I coverstitched the ends.   It looks quite good.

I wrapped it immediately, and I didn't take any pictures (rolls eyes!)

I'm happy that i've broken my duck.... but I'm not sure I'm ready to make anything else yet.

 

------------------------------------------------------2022 Makes --------------------------------------------

Sewing: 1

1. Envelope cushion cover, cocktail fabric

Followers