Saturday 31 July 2021

Positivity

My ex-DiL and the twins came to stay overnight and we went to see Ian McKellen in Hamlet.  We had all bought each other tickets for our  birthdays  .

I had expected some social distancing with the seats, but the old theatre was rammed.
Most people were wearing masks, but not everyone was so considerate

It was a great production   At first, an eightyplus year old playing a young man was a bit odd, but I suspended disbelief and it was fine.

ExDiL and the twins stayed overnight and went home the following lunchtime.   

The following morning, I did a lateral flow test.  It was only 2 days since my previous one, but it seemed like a good idea.    DD had arrived for a quick visit on her way home.

It was positive.

I was surprised. 

DH did a test. While we were waiting for the results, I phoned exDiL to let her know.  She  and the girls did tests immediately. 

I arranged drive through PCR tests for DH and me, and we were able to get them in the next couple of hours.

Everyone else's Lateral Flow (LF) was negative, which was confusing. 

 Of all of us,  I was the one who hardly ever goes out.  

We assumed it was from the theatre  although it did seem a bit quick.  We had all been doing regular  tests, and each had done one on Tuesday morning.

 Maybe it came in on a parcel?

Maybe it was a false positive, but that is -according to Google - rare. 

DD was so supportive and kind. She stayed, keeping to the other side of the room from me, until we left to do the PCR    

DiL was lovely.  She got her mum and stepdad to do a LF test as well, and they were clear. 

We cancelled our arrangements for the next few days.    We would both need to self isolate,  which was easier than me trying to isolate in the spare room. 

We only had to wait for an hour before leaving to do the  the PCR test.  It was a drive in set up, in a car park , in a billage about half an hour's drive away.   It was all done and dusted very quickly.   The chap told us we would have the results within 48 hours . 

 When we got home, I did a second LF test. ..and it was negative!  This gave me hope.

And then in the evening, the results arrived.

Negative.

Both of us. 

II messaged DXDiL and DD to let them know.

I've done a LF test every day since, just to make sure. 

I'm relieved. 

If it happens again,  I'll do a second lateral flow test anyway,  I'd still go for a PCR test, even if the second LF showed a different result. 


Followers