Sunday 25 April 2021

Flare up

I used the Apostrophe Patterns  pattern generator to generate a pattern for a pair of relaxed fit flared trousers.

My first attempt at cutting was a fail.  I didn't have quite enough fabric, and I didn't notice until I was trying to cut out the second set of pieces.  I'm sorry I wasted the fabric,  as it was really bright.

I chose some digitally printed scuba fabric with enormous roses on.   I skipped making pockets (coward that I am).

I did a relaxed fit leg (or "baggy", as DH called it).  I did a slightly narrower waistband.

I think I have reduced size slightly since the last pair (I do tend to fluctuate), as these feel like they could have been made a bit tighter round the waist.

Other than that, I really like them.  I'm surprised, as I thought I'd not be too keen on the large pattern.

I took a quick couple of photos, obviously they aren't really meant to be paired with  a sruffy jumper.

Yes, they do need shoes.

Yes, they are meant to be "baggy" above the flares .

I think I might try another pair of flares, but try a more fitted-leg version. I'll   I'll also measure myself again, just to see if I need to make some adjustments.  I might raise the waist a bit.Or lower it a lot. 

Hmm. So many options.






 



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total crafty things this year: 33

Sewing based makes: 17;
Inner pad for foot muff; make cover for foot muff;  trim down Superking Duvet to KS and recover edges;
Cushion cover for Miss T; Gift bags for Miss T and GDK;
Dressing Gown;
Cat Duvet, Duvet Cover and Pillowcase;
Cushion cover for living room;
Sleeveless tops (x4);
SBCC top
Overlocker chicken
Curtains for nest boxes (4, but counted as 1 make)~
Boxers for DH (test pairs for sizing - counted as 1,  and then 2 pairs)
Abandoned muslin for LoveNotions Willow Wrap Dress (not counted in total makes)
Apostrophe Patterns Joggers (jellyfiah and space)
Apostrophe Patterns Flared Joggers (black, with big red roses)


Learning activities: 10;
Scanning pattern pieces; Making movies; Babylock demo day; Gathering using my overlocker;    Euphy training (circles,using elastic in looper) Gail Yellen's binder course;
Inkscape 1; casting on;  purling; casting off

Non sewing based craft makes: 2
Painted bisque butter dish and had it fired
Knitted Infinity scarf, first attempt (pinks)

Followers