Saturday 3 April 2021

Best Laid Plans

I made a passable pair of boxers for DH, he's like the leg slightly longer.  Everything else he was happy with.

So, I used my projector, and I made a cardboard template for the body of the boxers,  for the fly pieces, and for the waistband.  Then I decided to make him a pair from some more of the cotton lycra from Textile9 Fabrics.  In fact, I decided to cut two pairs while I was at it.  After all, while I had the machines loaded with navy thread, and while I had the binder set up with this fabric, I might as well do two pairs.  This  which would use up more or less all of this particular piece of fabric.

 It went reasonably well.  I had a bit of a fluff hemming one pair, so I needed to unpick it.  It was getting late on Monday,  so I decided to leave it until I was fresh the next day.

The next day I had a phone call to say that my Uncle had had a heart attack while out on his bike, and they were abot to carry out an emwergency proceudre to try and save his life.   

Of course I went straight to the hospital.

All my time since then has been involved in supporting him (and keeping the relatives and friends updated)..  It's his story, not mine, so it's not appropriate for me to put any information on here.

The knickers are still waiting to be finished.

Followers