Saturday 4 May 2024

Madness!

I was listing stuff for my Mum on Ebay today.

I've got 4 (very large)  crates full of china sitting in my living room.  There's more still at her house,  I don't have the room to keep it here at the moment.

I've almost finished the scanning. I've still got the house plans to scan, but that requires me to excavate my large format scanner.

During a break for coffee this morning, I was overcome with an urge to clear my "cutting desk" so that I could take photos  ready for listing at some point.  We'd decided ages ago that it had to go, as we are probably going to have to sacrifice the box room to put a lift in. 

Clearing was a mammoth task, because it has filing cabinets underneath, and ten tonnes of stuff on top.

Once I'd managed, eventually, to get the stuff out of the room, I tried taking photos. And measuring.  And doing a video showing that the electrics all work.

Then I thought I might as well list it now. 

And then.  I got an email advising me that the music shop up North now had an Orla COmpact Theatre Jubilee in stock.   My Grand Theatre Jubilee also has to go, as there won't be enough room for it.    didn't want to lose it completely, so I'd decided I'd replace it with the much smaller Compact version.  I had dithered so much last time that the music company sold the one I was looking at.     I had regretted not buying it ever since, and I've been waiting for them to get another one in.

I bought it.  Then I scrabbled around looking for the funds to pay for it. I've been squirrelling money "down the back of the sofa" for some time.   I'm a bit short, but I've got some other things to sell which will make up the shortfall.

Now was the perfect time, what with me having partially emptied the room (into the landing) anyway.   And that also spurred me on into deciding that we might as well dismantle the cutting table. I couldn't face putting all that stuff on, only to have to get it all out again if I managed to sell it.

I'm not really sure where I'm going to put the stuff that was on it.

I'm going to try and sort it all out tomorrow.

I'm not sure what made me think thatstarting this sort of major declutter, in the midst of decluttering my Mum's house,  was a good idea.

But it'll be worth it when its done.

Won't it?

Followers