Tuesday 16 January 2024

Deaf Bergamots

Deafness continues.

I phoned the GP surgery yesterday when the lines opened at 8am. I was number 18 in the queue.  My call was answered at 8.45 (thank goodness for having a speaker option on my phone), and I'm booked in to see someone..... on the 23rd January.

DH now has a vile cough, rather like the one I had.  It's not the same, however, as he has cold symptoms and itchy eyes, which I did not.  It does sound like the same cough though,  and it's almost constant, like mine was.   He's lost his voice (which I did),  and now it's becoming a problem because he can't speak up and I'm deaf.

Meanwhile,  my next Crowdfarming deliveries arrived.  The first was another box of clementines, which I'd ordered long before I knew I was going to be away so much.   They taste good.

The second box to arrive was a small box of bergamots.   There are 15 of them in the box, which makes them quite expensive.   They weigh pretty much exactly 3kg, which is the weight I paid for, so I can't complain.  

 On the plus side, it should be possible to use them all fairly quickly, My ideas list is:

- Bergamot curd
- Bergamot jelly
- Bergamot drizzle cake
- Bergamot Turkish Delight
- Bergamot marmalade
- Bergamot slices frozen for spring drinks

I just need to get into making mode.  And get some more eggs so I can make curd. And a cake.


Followers