Monday 1 January 2024

Cough COugh

The COugh is horrendous.  The sore throat is raging.   My chest and back hurt from the effort of all the coughing.

Yesterday, Sunday, was appalling.   I've been gargling with salt water, which provides relief for a few minutes.    I've been taking paracetamol 4 times a day, and I've been trying to keep up my fluid intake.  Last night was dreafdul.

I continued to use my CPAP. I turned the humidifier down to 1 on Saturday night, as I'd had a problem with water spuddling ("rainout") on Friday night.    The downside of that is that my throat was drier, so I upped it to 3 last night.   That was fine for most of the night, but I woke up at 6 with horrendous "rainout", caused by my tube gettng hooked on the corner of the mattress and being lower than my machine.

I tried to sleep "propped up" yesterday, and it was easier on my throat for a while.  It didn't work too well for my o2 levels though, and I had to give in and lie down part way through the night.    

My scores weren't great.

I choked trying to eat. As soon as something touched my throat, my body rejected it.  It took a long time to eat my breakfast.

I've been gargling with salt water every couple of hours, and trying to stay hydrated all day.

I feel like crap, but I feel slighly less crappier than this time yesterday. 

 I'm hoping it's on its way out.

I spent the day taking decorations down, a bit at a time.  The cats supervised and helped, getting into every box, biffing decorations,  sitting in the tree skirt. Super cute as always.

Everything (almost) is stacked on the landing, waiting to go into the loft.

There's just the wreath left to do, and ideally  I'd like to leave that until tomorrow.  But if I leave it, there's still the box with the wreath making bits to go.

Maybe I'll take it down this evening after all



Followers