I eventually managed to get myself off my b*m, and made a bumbag for one of my granddaughters. I took care to read the instructions very carefully. I measured twice, cut once. Spent a lot of time (and not-cheap) fabrics, only to find that the darned instructions were wrong. They had the height and width of the fabric pieces the wrong way round.
It wouldn't have mattered if I'd been using plain fabric, or random patterned fabric. But I was using sheep, inside and outside. My sheep ended up sideways.
It wasn't too bad on the outside, but the inside sheep just didn't look right. DH said it didn't matter, and it didn't really. But it bugged me.
So I made a second one.
It started well. I cut the pieces correctly, I starched the lining pieces. And I also embroidered her name on the inside!
I took care centreing up the front fabric. The inside piece, with the name on, looked lovely. All was going well, until I made the mistake of leaving the machine unattended while it sewed the back pocket on.
Somehow the back pocket went squiffy, meaning not only did it go up at ana angle, but the bottom wasn't sewn on correctly.
So, I cut out the pieces for a 3rd one. Once again, I pressed and starched. I embroidered the name on. This time I did not leave the machine. Sadly I'd run out of shocking pink zips, so we had to go for a boring pink instead.
Hope she likes it.