Friday 21 June 2024

Service resumed

I'm back now. Not quite firing on all cyclinders, but I'm in a better place than I was.

I've managed to do some Domestics, and about thee quarters of the kitchen looks more than presentable.    All the carp is piled on the huge table I use for my sewing and stuff, and I've been trying to go through it. "Even one thing makes a difference" has been my mantra.

I also managed to tackle some of the remaining scanning for my Mum.    It took me a couple of attempts to be able to start it;   it was scanning documents from a particularly difficult time in their lives.      In the end, I scanned and sorted the bits I could, and just put the rest in a pile.  Then I tackled the pile again in the same way. And again.  Until I had a very small pile left, which has gone back in the crate until I have headspace.

The hallway table has disappeared, with crates in front of it and stuff to be collected piled up on top of it.  I'll be glad when the items have been collected, as it isn't helping.

I'm waiting for my Ebay auctions to finish (between now and Sunday) so I can get things packed and sent and then take stock.   Some of the items are mine, some are myMum's.  I've got open crates all over the place, with lots neatly packed in bags, hoping for new homes.   

I'm also awaiting the next Ebay fees offer, which I'm anticipating will be at the end of next week,  as I've got a few other bits to sell.  I might try and sell them elsewhere in the meantime.  Maybe.  I've got more china arriving, and I'm trying to do a "one in, one out" rule.

I've also got to empty out and move the Kallax unit that sits in the dining room, as we're collecting a new-to-us sideboard tomorrow.   My motivation is fragile, so I'm not forcing things.    I imagine I'll do it in a rush tomorrow, and i'll be wishing I'd got my finger out today.

I had a really good session with the Physio this morning, it really helped.



 

 

Followers