Tuesday 7 November 2023

The High Life

We reviewed the contents of part of the loft yesterday.  The effort was exhausting.

It started because I had a mahoosive box which needed to go and live in the loft.  There was no sensible space available, so a couple of nights ago I popped up the ladder to see what could be done.

Yesterday, we removed (almost) everything from the very back of the loft, under the watertank.  We found some large boxes which we decided to get rid of;  a kitchen cabinet and some wire drawers for (dfferent sized) kitchen cabinets, which I've offered for free and have been claimed;  a cast iron griddle, which I've sold; the box for the bean to cup coffee maker, which we've brought downstairs so I can sell the machine;  many lovely bottles (including some fab heart shaped ones, which look like potion bottles,  which I'm trying to sell but will otherwise donate (or bin, I'm finding it all quite taxing); and a lovely stovetop espresso maker, which I'll be selling.

We also brought down the box for the CookExpert so I could  put my Magimix food proceesor parts in the it, and then heaved that back up there. 

We took the opportunity of clearing some shelving to move some other bits to that end of the loft. It's not easily accessible, so we wanted to just put away things that we won't regularly need. In this case it was spare floor tiles for the kitchen and bathroom floors.  I've just realised we don't need the bathroom ones at all, I should have brought them downstairs to sell them!  Never mind, next time maybe.

It was a lot of heaving and shunting and snapping at each other.

Downstairs looks lie a hoarders paradise at the moment.  I've got a pile of kitchen things to try and sell next time a particular FB group has a market day.  And I've got loads of empty boxes which I don't want to get rid of until after the market day (but I may have to)

I have to chuckle at the thought of this being an achievement.  

Not so long ago, I would have done half the oft in one go, on my own.  



Followers