Tuesday 26 September 2023

Utilitarian

We have a new washing machine arrivingat the end of the week.

It was a slightly impulsive purchase.  Ours has been making noises recently, is 15 years old, and I started to have a look to see what I might replace it with when it finally goes.  I haven't looked at washing machines for years, so I wanted to at least get an idea of whats around.

Anyway. I jumped headfirst into that rabbit hole,   got an idea of what I wanted, and was then surprised to find that the machine I had considered was being offered for a  reasonably good deal at Costco.   It probably means that it's going to be superseded, but it made me consider buying it.

And then I realised that the next model up was also on offer at Costco, and that was a real bargain.  

I did some research, and then decided I'd buy it.

I am expecting buyers remorse to kick in.

Anyway.  I needed to make sure that there was enough room for the old machine to come out and the new machine to go in.   And DH thought the hoses went behind some shelves, so I had to empty those out.   As it happened, the hoses didn't go behind there at all, but no harm done,

The upshot is that I've spent the entire morning decluttering a good part of the utility room.  

I've been quite ruthless.  

One of the things I found was a tin of stuff  with the label "Ingredients for Slime".   I opened it up and had to chuckle at the shaving foam, hand cream, liquid soap, pva glue, laundry starch, colouring and glitter.  I offered it to my neighbour, and she said her boys couldn't be trusted with slime.  That made me chuckle, as one of the reasons it had been hidden away is that I never wanted to use it again.

Maybe my friend who is a brown owl might like it.



I'm a bit fed up with the decluttering now, and I've still got stuff to get back in.  And more to sort.

And I'll still need to remove some stuff on delivery day.

But I'm happy with what I've removed and reorganised.


Followers