Friday 11 November 2022

Bedding down

The new guest room bed is arriving next week! It's earlier than I expected,

I had to get everything out from underneath the current bed,  and that's all now stacked fairly neatly in the box room.  We took the risers off, and I photographed the bed as best I could, ready to advertise it.

Other stuff, wiating patiently to be found a home, in the bedroom has been neatly stacked.  Most of it is stuff to go in the Haberdashery (when I can get in there),  but there are still a couple of Ikea Drona boxes with "still need to sort".    The floor area is mostly clear, so that we can dismantle the old bed at the weekend,   and the new bed can be mantled and put in its place.

The box room has been the focus of my attention for the last couple of days, fortunately, so it's not too bad (compared to how it was at the beginning of the week). 

I've been through the stuff on the landing, and put it into piles: "stuff to go into the loft",  "stuff I don't know what to do with",  "storage, now empty, fate to be decided",  and a few large items that I just can't think about at the moment.  I'll get the loft stuff up in the loft at the weekend. Every little helps.

It's still a mess overall, but there is a lot of method in the chaos.

Having the new bed in place is exciting (yes, I really did use that word), because I'll finally be able to confirm that the Kallax unit won't fit under there (or get a surprise and find it will) ,  and I've got a backup plan ready. 

I'll be able to get all the underbed stuff, well, under the bed.   It'll free up a lot of the blockage upstairs,  and I might be able to have a final push and get everything sorted and looking tidy and cared for.  

Of course we may decide not to make the bed up yet, so that there is room for DH to fit the sliding wardrobe doors when thy arrive.  That might be a better option, although it limits what I can do in the box room (When I stacked stuff in there, I did it thinking it would all be out again in a few days time). 

Oh well.

Even more stuff will have to come out of the room while the wardrobe doors are being fitted:  all the machines, whose electronics might be damaged by drilling dust need to move (and the embroidery machine is enormous and weighs a tonne. I've no idea where I'm going to put that.   There is also the stack of four 4x1 Kallax, every cube stuffed with a Drona box of fabric, plus the cardboard boxes around it nd on top of the stack  All that will need to come out and be kept safe.

It will be worth it in the end.  It WILL be worth it in the end.


Followers