Tuesday 22 November 2022

So close...

The Guest Rom/Sewing room is almost finished.  Miss Teen is coming over after school, and I wanted the room to be as done as possible, ready for her inspection. 

It looks good,  It looks empty and tidy.

Behind the wardrobe doors is organisation and tidiness.   I did not give in to the temptation of just stuffing everything in and sorting it out later, as later rarely turns up to the party.    Everything that has been put in the haberdashery has been scrutinised and reviewed before being allocated a home.

It's taken forever,  

The wardrobe doors came with some fantastic cardboard protective channelling round the edges.   That has been cut up and used for zip organisation, and my zips drawer looks accessible.

I've got one bankers box of stuff still to sort,  and I need to bring the machines back in and position them on the worktop.    I've got to ask DH to put some shelves in the Kallax for me for my sewing machine accessories, and we need to lug the A0 printer upstaurs to its new home.  That will herald a batch of sorting in the kitchen though, and I'm too tired for that,

The box room now has lots of empty storage stuff, empty boxes,  and some stuff which is not sewing related and needs to be found a new home.    That will take a while to sort out, so I'm not worrying about it.

I' also considering the underbed space, and wondering what I can move from under the bed in our room.... but, again, that will require sorting out and I need to top up my energy and enthusiasm reservoirs.

In the meantime, my plantar fasciitis (PF) has decided to return.  I need to go and get some slippers with arch support. I usually go barefooted, but it's getting too cold for that.  The inside shoes I have are OK for a bit of warmth, but they exacerbate the PF.    Wearing my outside boots helps my feet,  but I feel a bit "Little House on the Prairie", as I am continuing to wear long skirts instead of trousers.

I still  haven't tested the scanner, and I need to do that before the repair warranty runs out.  It's going to be next week now I imagine.

I t'll all be over by Christmas....

 

Followers