Wednesday 13 July 2022

Sugar belly

I've eaten so much sugar/sugary things over the last few weeks that I've ended u with a sugar belly.   

It's not the first time I've had this,  I doubt it will be the last either.     It started with that bl**y topping I was using on my morning coffee.  I'd been craving and craving sugar.   I bought some own brand Sugar Puffs, and I managed to eat loads of them.  The combination of the refreshing cold milk and the honey topping on the Puffs was irresistable.   

And then I had a french recipe for a Honey Cake.  I sourced some french Four Spice seasoning, which  is Pepper, Ginger, Nutmeg and Cloves  It smelled divine.   The recipe also required a lot of oranges for zesting, and the first time I tried to make it I had a dodgy orange which ruined the whole batch of zest.

Eventually I had all the ingredients, and I made it.   It was lovely.  The texture was reminiscent of McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake,  and the flavour was much more complex.  It was instantly addictive, and I ate most of the whole loaf 0 slice by thin slice - myself.  (Here's the recipe, in case you are interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0ZINH5CtQ

Once I'd got hooked on to sugar, I found myself eating the white cooking chocolate while waiting for a cup of tea,  ad opening and devouring a packet of M&S jaffa cakes (I so love those) in one go. And hiding the empty box deep in the rubbish. 

Even now, while I'm typing about it,  I'm craving something - anything - sugary.

I'll have to cut it out completely until my body can re-set itself.

Hopefully then the swelling will go down.

 


Followers