Sunday 4 June 2023

Run together

Yesterday afternoion my lovely DB came over to help move the Purple Cube from the Fruit cage ("The East Wing") to its final position.     

DH cut a suitable collar from some old cube run pieces, and connected it all up.  He then clipped out some of one of the side panels so that the girls had enough headroom to go up the ladder, and we were ready to move the Oldies in.

There is still a load of stuff (paving slabs, mainly) which needs to come out of  there.   I alsio need to put some brackets up so I can better habng my treat nets and hanging feeders.  And the door to tghe East Wing definitely needs reversing, which is a major operation because of where it is located.

We put the Oldies in last night, and all was well.   It's a fab set up, and I could keep the two flocks permanently apart if necessary.  I'm going to see how they mix during the coming days, and eventuallyI'll try leaving the connecting door open to see what happens. Not yet though.

The green of the run is very unobtrusive, and I realised it was quite difficult to see from the house whether all the doors were closed, and whether all the locks were down.    I think i've fixed this, with the help of some Brother TZe tape.  

I'll take pics later.

There is still lots of carp everywhere, and it will take me a while to sort it out.

I'll post pictures soon.

Followers