Saturday 17 July 2021

Waiting

I feel like I'm treading water. 

I had some bad (but not the worst) news about my cousin (MIss T's dad) last week:  he has throat cancer.  It's treatable, and the treatment has a reasonably high success rate.    He has a few additional MRI type scans to be done before he can start treatment, as the last scan showed some other oddities that need investigating.

We'll know about the scans sometime next week, and all we can do is wait. 

He's (or appears to be) quite sanguine about it.  Mrs Cousin, understandaby, not so much.  

......

Separately, and starting before I got that news,  we are waiting for Nora to die   She's had something happen which means she can't see (she's blind in one eye anyway) properly, and can't feed herself.   I've given her daily doses of vitamins, and I've been helping her feed and drink several times each day.

She's not going to get better, and I thought about asking DH to cull her.    I haven't asked him yet because , she isn't ready.     And I mean she isn't ready, it's not me pretending that she isn't ready because I'm not ready.   

Unlike Gloria, who made it clear she was ready and sat in the nestbox patiently waiting to slip away,   Nora  comes out of the run into the garden each day. She finds a spot away from the others, and sits in the sunshine.   If I go out with treats,   she comes running (but then can't actually get any, so I have to take her out and hand feed them to her.).   She goes to bed each night and, until last night, was actually going up the steps into one of the coops to sleep. 

Last night, she chose to use one of the nestboxes in the run. These are easy for her to get into and out of, and I'm a bit surprised she didn't take this option earlier.   Last night she refused to eat, but she did drink.

She's our oldest girl, 10 going on 11, so we've known for a couple of years that she's likely to go at any time.   As always, I keep hoping that she'll go of her own accord, before we have to cull her.  We won't let her suffer, and I have to remember that it's "better a week too soon than an hour too late".

I guess it won't  be long.

.....

I'm waiting for my Echo.  

......

I'm going to do some sewing.  I started to make a pair of leggings using Apostophe Patterns MyFit Leggings.  My fabric choice wasn't right, so I'm not hopeful about them.  I got so far and stopped, and I've been procrastinating.

Today, I will  finish them.

I will  replace the waistband on that skirt.

I will  try the Velcro Hook and Loop on the bra that I use for exercise.

 

 

 


 


 

  

Followers