Tuesday 25 June 2019

And Sew...

I managed to get a photo of Tween wearing a tank/vest top I made.  It's wearable.




I am under the weather at the mo, and I have to keep my leg elevated.   We brought our Lafuma chair in and I've been using that to sit in: it's comfortable, and I can elevate my leg really well. 

I looked online at covers for it. They are easily available, because Lafuma is the most popular reclining chair used by mobile reflexologists for their clients to sit in.     The price and quality of the covers varied considerably,  and in the end I decided to makie my own.  I bought a throw from Costco to provide the fabric,  and I'm really happy with it.  I bought some matching lacing to tie it to the chair,  and I used my Kam press and grommits to create holes for the ties.  The fabric was a nightmare, I knoew it would be,  so I had to quicjkly overlock every edge as soon as I made a cut.   I also used my Accufeed foot, than goodness for it,  as I was machining several layers a lot of the time.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.







Followers